As a transplant coordinator, transplant nurse, procurement transplant coordinator or transplant preservationist, the work you do is very meaningful and vitally important in saving and improving lives. Depending on your specialty consider becoming ABTC certified in one or more following roles:
Transplant Procurement Coordinators are primarily responsible for the clinical duties related to donor identification, authorization, management, organ recovery, and post donation follow-up.
Transplant Preservationists are responsible for organ recovery, aseptic techniques, organ preservations, specimen collection and packing, labeling and shipping.
Clinical Transplant Coordinators are primarily responsible for the coordination of processes related to solid organ transplantation both live and deceased donors, and transplant recipients.
Clinical Transplant Nurses monitor and educates patients pre and post-transplant. They provide psycho-social support. They provide post-transplant immediate care of the patient and evaluates the function of recipients graft while monitoring complication for infections, rejection, metabolic disorder, and malignancies. Additional they provide drug adminstration, discharge of the transplant donor and recipient.
BENEFITS OF TRANSPLANT CERTIFICATION
After years of hard work and study, you deserve recognition for your specialty skills and dedication, as well as your enormous personal commitment to patients and families. ABTC certification provides that recognition, along with many other benefits:
- Greater control over your career: With advanced certification in organ donation or transplantation, you will be more qualified for jobs with higher salaries at higher quality institutions.
- Professional excellence: Certification signals to employers, colleagues and patients that your skills are highly specialized – that you embody exceptional expertise your area of specialty.
- Personal achievement: Becoming certified in your field boosts confidence and competence, which can lead to greater job satisfaction and improved patient safety.
- Expert guidance and support: Certification welcomes you into an elite community of ABTC-certified professionals. Through ABTC's growing channels of connectivity among candidates and certified professionals, you will have many opportunities to seek guidance and support from other ABTC-certified professionals in your field.
Why Transplant Centers and OPOs Support Certification
For transplant centers and organ procurement organizations (OPOs), there are many benefits to having ABTC-certified professionals on your team:
- Elevated competitive positioning: When organ donation and transplantation professionals hold specialty certifications from ABTC, it signals to the entire community and practice – and to the public – that your team embodies exceptional expertise in organ transplantation.
- Continuous professional growth for your team: By encouraging certification, you can help ensure ongoing professional and intellectual growth for members of your transplant or organ procurement team.
- Magnet-Approved Transplant Certification: ABTC certifications are Magnet-approved, which bolsters your organization's efforts in achieving and maintaining Magnet designation.
- Demonstrated Commitment to Excellence: All ABTC certifications are accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies, so having certified professionals on your team underscores your organization's commitment and strict adherence to very high standards of practice.
ABTC certification is granted to qualified candidates who complete and pass the certification examination. Each certification is valid for three years, and ABTC-certified professionals can recertify through continuing education activities or by successfully retaking the examination. The number of Continuing Education Points for Transplant Certification (CEPTCs) required for recertification through continuing education is 60, fewer than necessary for five-year certifications.
Read the ABTC Candidate Handbook
Learn More about Certification Exams
Read Testimonials from Certified Professionals