Welcome to CertPath
CertPath is a certification assistance program that enables you, the employer, to support your transplant and organ procurement professionals in achieving their initial ABTC certification while limiting costs when exams are not passed on the first try.
CertPath is open to transplant centers, organ procurement organizations, and all other organizations that employ transplant professionals who are eligible to take the ABTC certification exams for the first time.
We look forward to your participation in CertPath and support of your practitioners’ professional career path.
The Process is Simple
To begin, simply complete the CertPath Registration Form below. Your registration confirms your commitment to at least two ABTC certification exams for your staff attempting their respective examination for the first time within a 12-month period. Participating organizations must provide the names of eligible applicants testing with a voucher. Organizations that request exam vouchers will be issued invoices after candidates’ successful attempts or after two unsuccessful attempts.
- If the individual passes the exam on the first attempt: ABTC will invoice your organization for the specific exam cost, and you will have one more board-certified transplant professional on your team – congratulations!
- If the individual does not pass the exam on the first attempt: He or she is granted a one-time, no-cost retake. Your organization must request another voucher code, which is specifically for the use of repeating candidates, from ABTC for the second attempt. There will be no charge to your organization nor to the individual for the second attempt, and you will be invoiced only if the individual passes the retake or has a second unsuccessful attempt. Individuals retaking the examination must wait 90 days following their last exam try before scheduling a test date.
Please note: CertPath vouchers do not apply beyond the first two attempts, nor are they available for recertification exams. To obtain certification, he/she must apply for subsequent exams through the standard process and must pay the non-refundable examination fee at that time.
CertPath Registration Form
Complete the form below to register (or, if preferred, you may print, scan and send this PDF form to email@example.com). Please allow five business days for processing. You will indicate on the form the number of vouchers per exam you wish to receive and the name of each applicant. These vouchers are not transferable to other organizations.
Click here for the CertPath Registration form.
CertPath & the Value of ABTC Certification for Your Organization
The CertPath program is designed to support your organization in fostering a team marked by true excellence. For transplant centers and organ procurement organizations, there are many benefits to having ABTC-certified professionals on your team:
- Elevated competitive positioning: When organ donation and transplantation professionals hold specialty certifications from ABTC, it signals to the entire community and practice – and to the public – that your team embodies exceptional expertise in organ transplantation.
- Continuous professional growth for your team: By encouraging certification, you can help ensure ongoing professional and intellectual growth for members of your transplant or organ procurement team.
- Help your organization grow in its mission to save lives. Having certified professionals on your team underscores your organization’s commitment and strict adherence to very high standards of practice. Patients and families know they are in safer hands when certified professional manage their care.
Which ABTC certification exams are included in the CertPath program?
To lower the financial risk for all applicable organizations, the CertPath program applies to the exams associated with all four ABTC certifications:
- Certified Procurement Transplant Coordinator (CPTC)
- Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator (CCTC)
- Certified Clinical Transplant Nurse (CCTN)
- Certified Transplant Preservationist (CTP)
How are exam vouchers issued?
There is no limit to the number CertPath vouchers any one organization can purchase. Vouchers can be purchased for any combination of exams. Each organization, however, must commit to a minimum of two exam vouchers for first-time applicants. Vouchers will not be issued for recertification In fact, there is no limit to the number of exam voucher codes you can receive within the 12-month period
Each transplant professional can only be granted two opportunities to take the exam using a CertPath voucher.
ABTC requires that participating organizations utilize exam vouchers within a 90-day. Participating organizations must provide names of eligible applicants testing with a voucher
Organizations that request exam vouchers will be issued invoices after candidates’ successful attempts or after two unsuccessful attempts.
We look forward to your participation in CertPath and support of your practitioners' professional career path.
How do I request vouchers?
You may request a voucher at the time of registering into the CertPath program as indicated on the form. Or you may request vouchers from ABTC by email or phone (856-437-4662). Please include the individual’s name and specify which exam he or she will take. You will receive the voucher(s) within 7 business days.
If an individual does not pass an exam on the first attempt, an additional voucher can be requested from ABTC for the retake.
Does the CertPath program cover recertification exams, too?
No, the CertPath program is for individuals taking the certification exams for the first time only.