ABTC actively supports your need for convenient, cost-effective access to continuing education credits for recertification. We connect you with the resources you need to maintain your certification and stay up-to-date on the latest methodologies and technologies in organ donation and transplantation.
Continuing Education Points for Transplant Certification (CEPTCs) are available from many sources, including (but not limited to):
- NATCO – The Organization for Transplant Professionals: NATCO offers its members many opportunities to meet the requirements for maintaining CCTC, CPTC, CCTN or CTP certification by offering several options to obtain CEPTC credits.
- Progress in Transplantation, the official journal of NATCO, contains CEU/CEPTC articles annually.
- United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS Connect): Learn about policy, systems, and effective practices while earning CEPTCs. UNOS’ Professional Education department develops a wide variety of educational offerings with input from transplant and UNOS staff.
- International Transplant Nurses Society (ITNS): Get the credits you need on demand from ITNS. Watch videos of key sessions recorded at the Annual ITNS Symposium and complete an evaluation to earn up to 16.5 CE and CEPTC credits and up to eight pharmacology credits. Visit the ITNS Online Store.
- ABTC Approved Providers of CEPTCs: Download the list of ABTC Approved Providers, which includes dozen of organizations approved to provide CEPTCs for their educational offerings. Note: The list may be incomplete, and some approved provider applications may be pending approval. For questions about Approved Providers, contact ABTC. *
You can also earn CEPTCs for writing test questions for certification exams. Learn about the process of writing items for a professional certification exam and how many CEPTCs you can earn for writing items. If you’ve written a test question you’d like to submit for approval and CEPTCs, download the item submission form and confidentiality agreement.
Be a Approved Provider
- Offer CEPTCS
Track Your CEPTCs Online
- Record & Store As You Go